Happy New Year! I can’t believe it’s already 2016!
2015 was an awesome year for me. I volunteered at the Special Olympics World Games, started interning at Special Olympics New York, created this blog, met two of my heroes, made a lot of amazing new friends, and was accepted to volunteer at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro! 2015 made me really excited for 2016!
In honor of 2016, here is a list of 16 things I am excited about for 2016.
- VOLUNTEERING AT THE RIO OLYMPICS!!!!!!!
- Watching the Olympics in person!
- Going to the Olympic Village in Rio.
- Exploring Rio de Janeiro.
- Trading Olympic pins with people from all over the world.
- Continuing to intern at Special Olympics New York.
- Growing my blog and updating it more frequently.
- Meeting more people who love the Olympic Movement just as much as I do!
- Graduating from Pace University in December 2016.
- Getting my first full-time job!
- Volunteering around the city (and writing blog posts about it!).
- Writing my senior thesis on the Olympic Movement.
- Turning 21.
- More Special Olympics New York competitions!
- Learning Portuguese.
- Summer ❤
Happy 2016 to all of my followers! Here’s to another gold medal year!