I haven’t posted on my blog in awhile, so I thought I would write a blog post about what I’ve been working on and what to expect for upcoming blog posts.
United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW):
For the past two weeks, I have been at the UN’s CSW. As a part of a class I took this semester, everyone in the class received passes to attend this conference. In addition to other sessions, I was able to go to three really interesting ones on sports. They were:
- “Girls’ and Women’s Empowerment Embodied: Key Ingredients for Sustainable Development Goals” hosted by American College of Sports Medicine, International Working Group on Women and Sport, Safe4Athletes, Women’s Sport Foundation, and WomenSport International
- “2030 Agenda – The Contribution of Sport to Achieve Gender Equality and End Violence Against Women and Girls” hosted by Brazil, UN Women, and the International Olympic Committee
- “A Sustainable Sporting Culture Based on Gender Equality: Achieving Goal 5” hosted by Botswana, International Working Group on Women and Sport, Association of Sport for All, WomenSport International, and Women’s Sport Foundation
Expect blog posts about these panels and possible interviews with the panelists, organization founders, or athletes involved in them!
I have been working really hard to interview some very important people in the Olympic Movement. I don’t want to share who they are because I’m still working on interviewing the people.
My friend Lili (the awesome blogger at http://lilisreflections.blogspot.com) has been studying abroad in London this semester, and she was able to visit the Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland! I asked her to write a post on it, and she said yes!
General Awesome Information about the Olympic Movement:
I am going to write blog posts about various interesting and exciting information I learn about the Olympic Movement, such as the Canadian Olympic Committee’s #OneTeam Campaign and the International Olympic Committee’s exciting decision to have a team of refugees at the Olympics in Rio!
- April 6 is the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (Don’t know what it is? Come back to my blog on April 6 to learn about it!).
- April 27 is 100 Days to Rio 2016! There will be an Road to Rio event held in Times Square, and I’ll be there! (My sister and I went to the Road to Sochi event in Times Square. Here’s the link to her article about the event: http://www.mediamikes.com/2014/02/2014-olympics-road-to-sochi-hits-times-square-in-nyc/)
Those are some of the upcoming posts I have planned! I will definitely try to blog more regularly! 🙂 Hope you enjoy!